The Upside of Turbulence by Donald Sull
The Upside of Turbulence is an enlightening look at the inherent paradox of how to strategize and plan in a turbulent business world where the only thing that doesn’t change is change itself. In this book, based on a decade of research, historical case studies, and intensive work with established enterprises and start-ups, Donald Sull, named an “up and coming thinker” by the Financial Times, lays out the fundamental logic of opportunity and provides a series of practical steps to translate insight into action.
The High Performance Podcast: Episode 177 – Matthew Syed: How to think outside the box
Matthew Syed is an author and highly acclaimed speaker, he has written six bestselling books focusing on mindset and high performance. Matthew was England’s number-one table tennis player for over a decade, and he has competed in the Olympics for Team GB twice. In this episode, Matthew shares his insight into education, parenthood and leadership while also exploring risk-taking, creating a space for vulnerability in the workplace and how to find purpose in our lives.
Book recommendations 2023
- Nine lies about work – Ashley Goodall and Marcus Buckingham
- Pitstop to Perform – Ray Collis and John O’Gorman
- Strategy Beyond the Hockey Stick – Chris Bradly, Martin Hirt, Sven Smith
- Lead from the Future – Josh Suskewicz and Mark W. Johnson
- High Performance Lessons form the Best – Damian Hughes Jake Humphrey
- Stolen Focus – Johann Hari
- Doing Agile Right – Darrell Rigby, Sarah Elk and Steven Berez
- The Business of Winning – Mark Gallagher
- Work Disrupted – Jeffrey M Schwartz and Susanne Riss
- Black Box Thinking – Matthew Syed
- Seeing around corners – Rita Gunther McGrath
High Performance Podcast – Damian Hughes and Jake Humphrey
Dare to Lead – Brené Brown
Winning Teams – John Murphy
You must be logged in to post a comment.